Monday, November 8, 2010

F/A-18C Hornet (VFA-25 "Fist of the Fleet") - Hasegawa 1:72

Whilst researching the weapons / stores used during Operation Desert Shield I have broken out the box and started to take parts off the sprues for cleanup.
So far all the parts required are off the sprues and cleaned up and now ready to start assembly of the cockpit
  Using a Verlinden SJU-5/A seat in place of the kit seat I painted up the cockpit ready for the assmbly of the fuselage
F/A-18C Hornet (VFA-25 "Fist of the Fleet") - Hasegawa [1:72], EA-6B Prowler (VAQ-139 "Cougars") - Hasegawa [1:72], F-14A Tomcat (VF-21 "Freelancers") - Hasegawa [1:72] & A-6E Intruder (VA-196 "The Main Battery") - Italeri [1:72] ready for build..


 After a Klear coat was applied, I then applied the markings from the Superscale sheet, and had to add the stencils from other sheets I had acquired. Once I cleaned the decal adhesive and setting solutions, another Klear coat was applied, ready for the stage - an oil wash.
 Completed. Not matter how careful I was in the assembly of the undercarriage, the model still has a slight tilt to its right.






No comments:

Post a Comment